Sunday, June 14, 2009

PICKLE RECIPES

Here are a few of my favorite pickle recipes. I've tried to give credit to the person who gave me the recipe.....

Sandra Forbes Dill Garlic Pickles for Green Tomatoes or Cucumbers

In clean, sterilized, quart jars place the following:

sprig dill

1/2 clove garlic

hot pepper

Pack in the cucumbers. Then add:

sprig dill

1/2 clove garlic

hot pepper

Add a pinch of alum the size of a pea.



Heat 2 quarts water, 1 quart vinegar, 1 cup canning salt to a boil.

Fill the jars and seal.



for 1 quart of pickles use 1 c. water, 1/2 c. vinegar, 1/8 c. salt



I really like this recipe. I use just a little piece of pepper in the bottom of the jar. I don't like hot pickles. The peppers give it a nice bite though.



*******************************************************************
I love this recipe! I think they are better than cucumber pickles.


SQUASH PICKLES from Robin Kim's mother's cousin's wife in Arkansas!

2 CUPS SLICED SQUASH
1 MEDIUM ONION, SLICED
1 CUP SUGAR
1/2 CUP WHITE VINEGAR
1 t SALT
1/2 t MUSTARD SEED
1/4 t CELERY SEED
1/4 t TURMERIC
COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS IN 2-QT MICROWAVE-SAFE BOWL. COVER; MICROWAVE 8-10 MINUTES UNTIL SQUASH ARE CRISP-TENDER AND ONION IS TRANSLUCENT. LADLE INTO GLASS JARS AND REFRIGERATE.
OR WATER BATH TO SEAL.
MAKES 2 1/2 CUPS.

***********************************************************************

I'll post more as I get them typed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment