Monday, October 5, 2009


Saw the surgeon today for all my test results.

The bone scan didn't show anything new. The spot on the rib is better than before and the shoulder is about the same.

The CTscan and PET scan showed the cancer in my spine. It was there before, but didn't show up on the last two bone scans. May just be that the PET scan is more sensitive.

The spot on the thyroid is still showing, but it isn't growing or shrinking, so its probably nothing

There is a suspicious spot in my colon as well.

Surgeon said that he would do the surgery. He thinks that the cancer has regressed enough for it to heal properly. It is scheduled for Oct. 21.

I will see the radiologist on Wed and the oncologist sometime before surgery. I'm not sure that we will do it at this time. We may decide to do another round of chemo to shrink it further before we do surgery. If we change our minds about the surgery, I'll let you know. Right now, count on it being on Oct. 21.


  1. I will be praying for you Oct. 21st and looking for updates. How are you feeling??

  2. Always praying for you Dana! Hang in there, you are a tough cookie!